Saturday, June 16, 2012

It's summer in Finland!

It's finally summer here in Finland! I'm visiting my parents in Porvoo. Yesterday I was in Helsinki, I went to see a great Belgian DJ named Netsky. I was perhaps a bit too tired to dance, but the music was alright and I got to hang out with one of my best friends.

Today I was at the beach with my childhood's best friend. It was a really sunny weather so we didn't have to freeze :) The beach is a bit different because you actually have to go there by rowing boat :) My friend was nice enough to do the rowing.

I have to admit, there's just something special about Finland in the summertime. All the green, the beautiful flowers, the sun that doesn't really set... I  came home last night at 3 in the morning and the sun was coming up. It was absolutely beautiful, a pink sky over the fields...( Yes, my parents kind of do live in the countryside, hah, but hey, Finland is mostly forest and lakes) Too bad I didn't have my camera with me.

One of the downsides of Finland in the summertime is the mosquitos. They are everywhere in huge swarms! Even yesterday when I was waiting for the bus I got bitten at least three times. Oh well, I'll just have to deal witht the mosquitos.

Some random summer pictures


Smoked salmon with wasabi-sourcream-dill dressing=heaven




No comments:

Post a Comment